artwork above drawn by me… Susan V. Walz (used graphite pencil and acrylic paint)
Welcome to my blog of my personal journey of living with bipolar 1 disorder, PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder, personality disorder and onset postpartum bipolar.
I hope you will enjoy reading my blog of my thoughts, words, ideas, and experiences I have had throughout my life and will have in the future living with bipolar 1 disorder with rapid cycling and mixed episodes, PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder, personality disorder and onset post-partum bipolar. Hopefully, you will find my blog to be educational, insightful, inspirational, encouraging, enjoyable, heart-felt and full of love. I pray my words, pictures, quotes, videos and music will educate, inspire and encourage you.
Reasons why I chose to write a blog:
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” — Maya Angleou
- I am very excited to write and share my story of my experiences from the past and in the future of what life is like living with bipolar 1 disorder, PTSD, suicidality, generalized anxiety disorder, personality disorder and onset postpartum bipolar.
- I love to write and create.
- Writing is therapeutic for me.
- I pray you will find Jesus and learn to live your life for Him. Jesus saved my life so many times. I am only alive because of Him. You have to have a test before you can have a testimony and I have quite a beautiful testimony. Thank you Jesus.
- I hope by sharing my story you will learn you are not alone.
- By realizing that you are not alone, you will learn more about yourself, bipolar disorder, PTSD, mental illness and accepting and loving yourself just the way you are. The first step of recovery is acceptance and accepting and loving yourself is the first step in your successful life and journey of living, surviving and thriving.
- I write openly and honestly about what it is like to live with severe bipolar 1 disorder, PTSD, suicidality and other mental illnesses.
- I want to show others that recovery is possible and also that at times it my symptoms can be an ongoing daily struggle and battle.
- I want to share good, positive and sometimes funny things about my life and I also want to share the sorrows, losses, loneliness and many other struggles I face, as well.
- I want to share my imperfections and flaws and questions I have as I go through my daily life exposing myself openly and honestly with all my raw emotions exposed open and bare for the world to read. I am not afraid to share me, all of me in hopes that I will help someone.
- I want this to be the kind of blog that is a nice, safe place for you to share your comments and thoughts. Also, please feel free and safe to add any comments you want to or ask me any questions about bipolar disorder, any other mental illness, suicide, self -harm, any struggles, obstacles, or anything you want to share about your life.
- My dream and passion is that by sharing my story I will inspire you and others to be strong, courageous, resilient, persevere, live, thrive and survive. I have survived living with mental illness my entire life, but especially since my diagnosis of bipolar 1 disorder and PTSD 25 years ago. I am a bipolar survivor, mental illness survivor, numerous suicide attempt survivor, self-harm survivor and a survivor of life. You are all survivors of some kind no matter where you are in your diagnosis, recovery and journeys of your life.
“Think big, dream big, believe big, and the results will be big.” –anonymous
Who is this Blog For?
My blog is for everyone in the world… everyone of all ages, genders, races, religions, disabilities, cognitive levels and socioeconomic levels etc.
The time is now. There is no more time for baby steps. We need to make big giant leaps and bounds to increase awareness and educate about mental illness, reduce the stigma of mental illness, stop the stigma associated with suicide, stop substance abuse and prevent suicide.
This is the story of my journey of my struggles, courage, strength, perseverance, resiliency, faith, hope, survival and my choice to learn to love life and live again.
My story, testimony, journey, history, diagnoses, medications and treatment are not like anyone else’s. I am unique. I am me. This is me and this is my blog….
I hope you enjoy it.
Welcome to my blog… My Loud Bipolar Whispers.
May your blessings overflow each and every minute of everyday forever and always.
Love and hugs, Sue